Possible Prompts for Immigration Debate



Some statements for a debate on immigration:

 As a woman I am not allowed to express myself and my opinions in my home country, I am compelled to leave and seek asylum so that I can stand for my opinions and be myself.
 I’m not a racist, but if I accept migrants in my country, they should learn our language, and our culture.
 I think there’s enough unemployment in this country, and we should not allow more migrants in.
 Everyone must have the right to go wherever they want to go.
 In our society you only “exist” when you’re officially regularised.
 All migrants without papers are irregular and should be sent back.
Charities that operate rescue boats in the Mediterranean encourage illegal immigration
Immigrants should stay permanently in the first safe country that they reach.
Immigrants that arrive in Europe should be able to choose the European country they want to settle in.
Uncontrolled immigration leads to criminality.
We should only accept immigrants from countries which share our values.

Additional Materials from the UNHCR website

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cambridge PET Speaking Part 2 Tips

Do's and Don'ts of Essay Writing

Past continuous